Saturday, 6 May 2017

Workbench Progress - Roboute Guilliman

Hey there internet I am back again and this week I am pleased to be able to show off the new Warhammer 40K Primarch Roboute Guilliman.  When this model came out as part of the Triumvirate of the Primarch I knew that I absolutely needed to get one to paint.  I jumped on to eBay and managed to pick one up from a split box and it arrived on release day which was amazing.  I had to finish painting Leman Russ first but once he was done I dove right in and got started on Roboute.     

Straight off the bat I ditched the standard scenic base because I wanted something that would match my Custodes as they are after all his bodyguards.


 I wanted to use both heads so he could go helmet-less in my display cabinet and then don his helm on the tabletop.


I wanted to paint the sword and power plant separately so there was going to be quiet a bit of sub-assembly if I  also factored in both heads.


The armour was based in Kantor Blue before being given two thin coats of Macragge Blue both from the Citadel base range.


The gold was done using a thinned layer of Retributor Armour from the Citadel Base range and then I added some extreme highlights using Stormhost Silver from the Citadel layer range and finally I applied a wash of Reikland Fleshshade from the Citadel shade range.


I followed Duncan Rhodes Warhammer TV tutorial on how to paint the Emperors Sword.


Seriously if you paint a lot of Gold you need Retributor Armour and Stormhost Silver in your life they are amazing paints that save so much time.



As you can see I went with a golden laurel on the helmet-less head and the green on the helmet, I think the gold worked better with the blonde hair and there was already so much gold on the helmet.





If you are interested in taking a look at my other finished Primarch models please follow the links below.


Well thats it for this week, thanks for reading and please leave any comments in the comments section down below and please do check back soon for more updates.

3 comments: