Thursday, 18 August 2016

Workbench Progress - Murderfang The Curse Born

Hello again, I am still working away in the back ground all be it at a greatly reduced rate given the time of year.  This week I managed to get loads done with regards to my Space Wolves, I have reorganized everyone into a Wolf Claw Strike Force with The Blackmanes at its core.  I have the options to go heavy on Drop Pods with up to ten in total and only the Wolf Scouts deploying on foot or throw in some Thunderwolf Cavalry instead of Wolf Guard to mix things up.  I am using the Wolfkin and or Murderfang as my Auxiliary options and I have up to three Rune Priests for a Wyrdstorm Brotherhood.  On top of all this I have re-based all my existing models on 32mm bases then went on to convert all my Grey Hunters who had a Boltgun and Chainsword modelled on them into  Bloodclaws and then I built forty new Grey Hunters (seen below) and yes I am batch painting all forty at once.


I have been doing some play testing on the "down low" so here is a rare image (below) of me playing with an army that is not only mostly un-painted but in places it's only partially built, SHAME!, SHAME!, SHAME!


In the above image I am fielding the 1750pts ten Drop Pod army as listed below.

The Blackmanes

Wolf Guard Battle Leader - Runic Armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield.

Wolf Guard x5 - Combi Melta x5, Drop Pod.

Blodclaws x9 - Power Fist x1, Flamer x1, Drop Pod.
Blodclaws x10 - Power Fist x1, Flamer x1, Drop Pod.
Blodclaws x10 - Power Fist x1, Flamer x1, Drop Pod.

Grey Hunters x10 - Meltagun x2, Drop Pod.
Grey Hunters x10 - Meltagun x2, Drop Pod.
Grey Hunters x10 - Meltagun x2, Drop Pod.
Grey Hunters x10 - Meltagun x2, Drop Pod.

Long Fangs x5 - Missile Launchers x4, Drop Pod.

Wolf Scouts x5 - Boltguns x4, Flamer x1.

The Curse Born

Murderfang - Drop Pod.

So I think we can all agree that I have a whole bunch of work to be getting on with so here is a picture of my recently painted Murderfang to keep you ocupied until my next update.










So pretty cool yeah? well check back soon for an update on my Space Wolves progress.

2 comments:

  1. Murderfang looks great, though I will never get used to the bare exposed head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murderfang looks great, and must have been cool playing with so many marines on the table.

    ReplyDelete