Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Commission Painting - Tempestus Scions

Hey there, today I finished painting ten Tempestus Scions for a client.  Now, I always thought these models looked cool but having just spent a week working on them I can confirm that they are awesome.

They arrived through the mail already base-coated in The Fang which was cool but all bar one of the antenna on their right shoulders had broken off so I quickly replaced them with copper rod so they would never again break and then got some texture on the bases.

I magnetised the close combat weapon arms with 2x1mm neodymium disc magnets so they are hot swappable. 

I set to batch painting all ten at once until they were completely painted in bases colours.

I then added the washes/shades to add some shading and once they were dry I moved on to the layer paints followed by the highlights.

 With the bases finished things started looking really cool.









I still have to finish two Valkyrie's before this commission is finished but expect to see my Horus Heresy project taking shape here very soon as I already have some units built and ready for paint.

Anyway as always thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the pictures as much as I enjoyed painting these guys.


3 comments:

  1. Nice. I like the blue on the weapons. Very clean paint jobs. Did u say they took you a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, yeah I spent seven days working on them on and off :)

    That colour on the main body of the guns is Incubi Darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, these guys look fantastic. Always love how the final stages really makes the models pop!

    ReplyDelete