Monday, 27 April 2015

Workbench Progress - Shadowsword

Hey there internet,

Another short update today, with all the D-weapons that the new Elder codex has introduced to regular 40K I figured now would be a good time to finish my Shadowsword and roll out the big nasty D.

I approached this model rather like I would a terrain model like a building, I airbrushed it all in Castellan Green so it would match the rest of the Imperial Guard army and then based the tracks and weapons in Vallejo Game Air Steel.  Then I added a wash of Agrax Earthshade to the recesses and Nuln Oil to the track and weapons, I then cleaned up the hull with a drybrush of Castellan Green.  At his point I felt that things were still a bit clean so I added some Typhus Corrosion to some key areas like the rivets and larger recesses.  I then gave the whole thing a drybrushing of Necron Compound followed by Ryza Rust and finished things off by painting the recitals, headlamps, Lascannons and Heavy Bolter details in black and the Aquila's in Balthazar Gold.






I do plan to add some regimental details in the new future but for now its ready for action and I can get back to painting Lorgar.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work! That is one kick ass looking tank!

    ReplyDelete