Thursday, 12 March 2015

Workbench Progress - Space Wolves Contemptor Dreadnought

Hey there internet,

For those of you who read my last post you will know that I recently spent some time in France skiing with friends, well sadly on the third day of my holiday I fractured my Anterior Cruciate Ligament effectively uprooting one of the tibial spines on my left leg OUCH!

Well the good news is the French medical peeps put me back together and I can expect a full recovery but it did leave me unable to do much of anything for three weeks.  However during this last week I figured I had better get something done to keep my blog rolling and keep peeps visiting.

It was my birthday while I was away in fact the very day of my repatriation to the UK and a good friend of mine gave me a Contemptor Dreadnought that had been gathering dust since it was purchased way back at Games Day UK 2011.  I set to work cleaning and constructing this most deadly of war engines and then threw a bunch of Space Wolves shit at it to see what would stick.


All in all I am happy with the outcome but there were a few places where I thought I had polished the resin totally smooth but after the base-coat went on it became clear things were not as smooth as I had first thought.  I think the massive Helfrost ice claws and hanging fetish bits from the new plastic Space Wolves Dreadnought kit worked really well alongside the Forgeworld brass etch.


I magnetised the Plasma Cannon and the claws at the elbows so they can be switched out should the need arise.  I also magnetised the ornate smoke grenade launcher atop the carapace so it can be exchanged for the Cyclone Missile Launcher.


Not much to say about the rear of the model as I tried to keep it clean and uncluttered much like the base for ease of storage and to save time.


The claws look very cool and really make the model stand apart from the standard chapter or Blood angel versions.

Well thanks for reading and please do visit again soon as things should start getting back to some semblance of normality as my recovery progresses.  I am currently working on finishing a mob of 10 Ork War-bikers and three Space Wolves themed Devastator Centurions for a little Grav Cannon action.

No comments:

Post a Comment