Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Workbench Progress - Eldar Allies

Greetings internet,

I have had these guys close to finished for well over a year now and last week I finally got them out and spent a few hours finishing them off and sealing them ready for the table top.  I have a converted Farseer on a bike and a Wraith Knight who need a little more work then my Eldar Allies are ready to roll out.

I usually field my Eldar as the following Allied Detachment:

Farseer - Singing Spear, Spirit Stone of Anathan, Jetbike
Warlorck - Singing Spear, Jetbike
Jetbikers x6 - Shuriken Cannon x2
Wraith Knight - Heavy Wraith Cannon x2, Jump Pack


Despite having painted this Warlock about 5 years ago the freehand detail on the face plate still holds up.

The robes below the waist line the rune stones, satchel and most of the pistol holster had to be sculpted.

I repositioned the top knot so it was facing the rear.

The stripes on the front of the jetbikes were done using masking tape bu the Sam Hain icon is freehand.


As much as I like to field these guy as a large squadron I guess I do have the minimum troop requirements for a full sized Eldar army if I break them into two units of a three with a Shuriken Cannon in each.

We had some sun over the weekend so I have now managed to get a full set of photos of Ferrus Manus so I will try to get those posted up later this week.



1 comment:

  1. Great eldar bike force. The freehand on the farseer is great. That's some nice subtle highlights and blending. I also like how you carried those same colors on other parts of the model (such as the gems and spear)

    ReplyDelete