Sunday, 30 November 2014

Workbench Progress - Stormfang Gunship

Greetings internet,

I was hoping to have some pictures of my now completed Ferrus Manus but I have been so far unable to achieve favourable lighting conditions so instead I set to work finishing the last details on my Stormfang.

There was not much left to do just the base, cockpit and the Helfrost FX, I had planned to paint the pilot and leave the canopy clear but I have used the pilot along with two more that I bought off eBay to make Thundercav mounted Iron Priests.

I set to work using my Airbrush to really make the canopy pop! while leaving the rest of the paintwork more in keeping with my Drop Pods so I have not added any weathering to the Fenrisian Grey yet.

I used my Game Air colours for the canopy.

For the Helfrost FX I used the same colours as my power weapons, Stegadon Scale Green, Sotek Green and Temple Guard Blue with a glaze of Guilliman Blue.

If I stumble across my transfer sheets I will add a black Wolf icon to the yellow area on both the port and starboard sides.

I gave the engines a dry-brush of Necron Compound followed by a wash in Nuln Oil.

Looks a bit like a BSG Viper from this angle.

So my Space Wolves finally have a flyer, now all I need is for KR Multicase to make some custom cut foam for it.  I will do my best to get some pictures of Ferrus ready soon but I have some Eldar allies on my painting table right now so check back soon for some kind of an update.


2 comments:

  1. Looks really nice and clean Gwotaz. I think I'd like to see a bit of wear on the flyer (what SW would ever have a perfectly clean battle vehicle?), but regardless, the paintjob is well done! Could always have some fun with wear later if you wanted to revisit it!

    I feel your pain on the foam. I just ordered that massive case from battlefoam, so I could fit a stompa in it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, yeah I am looking into some weathering that I will apply across the entire army but not settled on it yet.

      The foam is a pain, I am still waiting on Dakkajet foam and at this rate I will go battlefoam.

      Delete