Saturday, 11 October 2014

Workbench Progress - Astropaths

Hey peeps, just a quick post today as I have been mega busy play testing my Space Wolves army list ready for Battlefield Birmingham later this months.  All my Space Wolves are ready and fully painted so that's one less thing to worry about so today I sat down and knocked out my two Astropaths.

Now both of my Company Command Squads can field an Astropath and if I throw in my three Psykers at PML2 thats a lot of warp charge to play with.

So these guys were air-brushed in a deep blue, yes I know Astropaths are meant to be dressed in green but my Psykers already match the army regulars in my Guard army so I wanted these guys to stand out as being different.  I kept things muted and basic so's to match the rest of my Guard army but I paid special attention to the faces and the staff so there was some interesting details to look at.

As you can see he stands out nicely when amongst those in the regular green uniforms.

As these guys have no eyes thanks to the soul binding ritual I made sure the faces looked as good as I could.  I also used some Nihilakh Oxide to add the patina effect on the head of the staff.  



I made the robes look all dirty and dusty lower down and I have now added some text FX to the parchment.


Well that's all for now, I have a post all lined up that I will release early next week showcasing my army for Battlefield Birmingham so if we get some sun tomorrow that will help me out with the photo's.

Until next time thanks for reading and be sure to come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment