Sunday, 3 August 2014

Workbench Progress - Rune Priest

Hey there, I'm back after a few weeks of being super busy with another workbench update, I have been so busy in fact that I have another two of these updates all stacked up ready to roll out so keep an eye out for those over the next week or two.

Some of you who are regular readers of this blog will recognise the model below as a Terminator armoured Rune Priest conversion I started a few months back after seeing something similar on BOLS.

Looking back at this picture I cant believe its the same model.

Primed using Vallego model air black primer.

The armour was air-brushed in Fenrisian Grey.

I always start by blocking out a model in its base colours just so I can get the concept down.

And here is the finished mini, I am really pleased with how it all turned out, everything seems to work.  I added some small details like the Viking Runes on the scroll attached to the right leg, the top line reads RUSS.  The base turned out looking cool, I have never been that into doing bases but if this is anything to go by I might be getting better at it.

I did try to add a transfer to the right shoulder on the yellow but I had no luck getting it to sit without wrinkling up so I opted instead for this black motif.  The mag-locked helmet ended up looking cool and adds another little surprise detail for anyone viewing the mini.

I did not go mad on the cloak but I think I will at some point add some gold details to the edging or maybe something runic but I don't have time right now.

I ended up removing the Stormbolter and adding a magnetised Combi Plasma which I had going spare from the Finecast Space Marine Librarian kit.  The Wolfguard Pack that he generally joins (see below) all have the Axe and Combi Plasma combo going on so he fits in just right.

I wont know if Wolfguard Terminators can still travel in Drop Pods until the codex drops this Saturday but if they can I will stick 4 Wolfguard Terminators and the Rune Priest in one, if not then I guess I will put all 6 in a Stormwolf.

Not long now unit I have the codex in hand and I know to what extent it will change my list and how I play but I really can't wait to see it.

Check back soon and thanks for reading.


4 comments:

  1. Came out really awesome! I do agree the cloak (especially on the front) could use some details to break it up from the tabard. But that's just nit picking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a small amount of Viking/Celtic knot work on the cloaks hem would be cool looking.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gwotaz,

    Adam from the Space Wolves blog here.
    I'm currently looking for new Wolfguard to recruit to help me improve the web's #1 online resource for the Space Wolves army.

    Would you like to join me?

    Adventure and the spoils of war await you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, I am a big fan so sign me up.

      Delete