Saturday, 31 May 2014

Workbench Progress - Rune Priest in Terminator Armour


Hey there, I was on on BOLS the other week and I came across this image of a Rune Priest conversion that was made using a Space Hulk Librarian, it was part of a wicked looking Space Wolves army and as a Wolves player my self I always enjoy seeing other peoples take on the Pups. 


I knew immediately that I needed to make my own version of this model and add it to my collection so I jumped on eBay and picked up a Space Hulk Librarian for £20 and then started rooting through my bits box.


Within a few days the Librarian turned up and I set to work shaving off all the Blood Angel iconography and drilled out the head.  The head that I actually used turned out to be from the Warhammer Fantasy Empire Battle Wizard box set.  


I even went so far as carefully slicing skulls from bolt pistols to add some Wolf details to the armour, I added a helmet mag-locked to his side though with all that hair I have no idea how he would ever be able to wear it.


I added a wolf tail and even a wolf head icon to his stormbolter and then added a few more bits of Fenrisian fetish here and there to flesh it all out.


It was soon time for the obligatory black undercoat which to my great relief helped tie all the different bits  together to create a bloody cool looking mini even if I do say so myself.




The clock was ticking on this project and I had just enough time to airbrush the armour in Fenrisian Grey before I had to go catch a train to the airport.


I am flying out to Canada for a two week holiday with the wife but that does not mean I wont be doing any painting, this mini is packed in my luggage along with a small selection of base paints and my series 7 brushes so look out for another post showing my progress in the next week or so.

In the mean time images of the new Ork minis are popping up all over the place and if the new codex gets released while I am overseas I will get a digital copy unless I happen across a Canadian game store.

Anyway that's all for now, be sure to check back soon.
  




1 comment:

  1. That is a completely epic conversion. Wow. I just love when I scroll down and get to the primed and airbrush shots. Going to be an amazing model once you've painted him up!

    ReplyDelete