Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Workbench Progress - The Doors

With a big Zone Mortalis game this weekend I figured I would get all my new doors painted up ready, There is really not much I can say about door other than these are in keeping with the theme and easy enough to put together and quick to paint.  I used my airbrush and a vallejo Model Air Steel to paint all the doors and frames, I then painted the centre panels of each door in Mechanicum Standard Grey.  Next came Balthasar Gold which I used on all of the Aquila details, the doors themselves were now done barring the final wash.  Then came the frames and to continue the theme of the Mortalis tiles I have already painted I used Steel Legion Drab on the floor panels of each frame and then used Abaddon black on the access panel screens.  Finally I applied a wash/shade mix of Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade and Druchii Violet over everything and once that was dry I blasted it all with a layer of Purity Seal and I was done.      

Doors starting to come together.

Small doors in base colours.

Large Doors in base colours.

Small doors finished after a wash and a coat of varnish.

Large doors finished after a wash and a coat of varnish.

Look out for my battle report next week covering the Mortalis game.

No comments:

Post a Comment