Friday, 27 December 2013

Dreadfleet - The Sea Drake


Hey everyone, first things first, a belated Happy Christmas to you all and a happy new year in advance.

Christmas  may have been and gone but my hobby progress has not slowed down, I am happy to present the final of my Dreadfleet ships in the form of the Sea Drake.  I have spent a year painting everything included in Dreadfleet alongside my Space Wolves project giving me something different to paint whenever I got bored of marines and drop pods. 


I started by airbrushing the whole model white, I then took it apart and started to paint it in its component parts just like I did with most of the other ships, being snap-fit made this easier.

Next I began blocking out all the base colours, the Dragon was painted in Mephiston Red and the sails in Caledor Sky while the gold figure head and details were given a coat of  Balthasar Gold and finally the decking was painted in Mournfang Brown.


When everything was dry I got to work with the washes/shades giving the masts and other wraithbone details a coat of Seraphim Sepia, I then used Agrax Earthshade on the red and the gold and then gave the 2nd Dragon who was still white a watered down coat of Drakenhof  Nightshade.

I then finished the 2nd Dragon with a dry brushing of Etherium Blue and then Praxeti White.


The bases were painted in Macragge Blue, then I dry brushed in Altdorf Guard Blue followed by Calgar Blue and finally a very light brushing of White Scar.  The whole base was then  washed in a wash/shade mix of equal parts Nuln Oil, Drakenhof Nightshade and Biel-Tan Green.

Take a look at my other ships


No comments:

Post a Comment