Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Praise Be The Omnissiah



Hey me again,

I have been thinking about what my next project will be after I finish my Space Wolves, I really want it to be a long slow burn so I can maybe get some commission painting done to fund it.

I have been feeling the draw of the red planet a little more than usual since the arrival of the Horus Heresy Betrayal campaign book, I  have been a big fan of the Adeptus Mechanicus for a long time now thanks to the Horus Heresy novels and if an official army was already in existence I think I would already have my own machine cult army.

If GW were to ever release a new race I think it should be the Mechanicus as they are the obvious choice as a race that technically falls under the umbrella of the imperium but at the same time also having a dark side in the form of the treacherous Dark Mechanicus.

The Adeptus Mechanicus at least those still loyal to terra technically fall under the umbrella of the Imperium but act more like an allied empire and as such enjoy a certain degree of autonomy.  The technological influence of the Mechanicus is felt throughout the Imperial  sectors via the Forge world’s, entire planetary bodies dedicated to the production of the weapons and armour needed to supply the imperial war machine.    The Adeptus Mechanicus follow a different religion to that of the Imperium in the form of the Cult Mechanicus and worship the machine god known as the Omnissiah.  The Mechanicus strive to cast off the weaknesses of the flesh and achieve personal perfection though constant cybernetic augmentation.  Their thirst for knowledge is such that they will often quest deep into uncharted space hunting for strange arcane technologies.

There is a wealth of information out there on the Mechanicus and this link is particularly good and contains loads of reference material Adeptus Mechanicus.

Unofficial Mechanicus Fan-Dex can be found with a quick google search.

Here are some cool pictures of some of the official units that are out there now.


 Titan Tech Priest from Forge World


 Tech Priest fromt he Imperial Guard range

 Thallax Cohort from Forge World

The Castellax Battle Automata that will soon be released by Forge World.

Magos Dominus again coming soon from Forge world.

These models look sweet as hell roll on Games Day UK.

Here are a few Novels I can personally recomend as being worth reading on the topic of the Mechanicum



Right then I think I have vented enough on this subject for one day, it's time for a nice oil bath as this heat is playing havoc with my servo's so until next time 0100011100000110010100111 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment