Monday, 22 July 2013

Workbench Progress - Space Wolves Dreadnought


Hey everyone, I had another productive Friday last week and managed to finish painting my Space wolves Dreadnought which turned out looking pretty cool for an afternoons work.  


In Truth It was already airbrushed in Fenrisian Grey so it was all base colour and detail work.


I used the same colours on the claws as I used on my  Wolf Guard Terminator power swords and gave them a coat of gloss varnish.


I like to paint Dreadnoughts so they look like a huge metal skeleton underneath all their armour plates so all the robotics are painted in Leadbelcher and given a coat of Nuln Oil in stark contrast to the chapter colours.


The airbrush gives such a flawless finish to large flat areas of armour that you just can't get with traditional methods, I would not be without it now.


When I started painting the gold details using Balthasar Gold I thought it was going to look a bit over the top but it turned out looking really cool once I had highlighted it all and then muted it with a wash of Agrax Earthshade.

Well I hope you like the pictures as much as I do, It really feels like my Space wolves project is on track now and hot on the heels of this Dreadnought is my Games Day Wolf Priest, I will get some pictures post up ASAP once the varnish is dry so check back in a few days for those.




No comments:

Post a Comment