Thursday, 20 June 2013

Workbench Progress - Work In Progress

Hey everyone, again it’s been a while since I last posted but I can promise that I will be returning to my Monday, Wednesday and Friday Mashup schedule very soon.

I have been working on a whole bunch of things over the last 10 days but all at once so I have not had anything finishing staggered ahead of anything else, this has left me with a load of work in progress images so I figured I would just get them out today.  I have a game using my Imperial Guard tonight Vs the new Eldar Codex so I will be doing a bit of a battle report tonight/tomorrow and then I hope to get the Friday mashup out with a look at all things new and 40k related that I think are worth you checking out.

Firstly I ordered a few Imperial Guard bits from Forgeworld which I can’t disclose the identity of until tomorrow, what I can say is that the grumpy cat was not included in the order.

I built me an Icarus Pattern Lascannon so I can switch out the Quad-Gun some times.

 

All lined uop on the spray sticks ready for an undercoat of Chaos Black.

 

Scout Sergeant rocking a Boltgun and Chain Sword.


 
These guys turned out looking really cool even after just one coat of wash.

 


I broke out the airbrush and got my Mortalis Dark Angels force all based up, I used a thinned Caliban Green for the Scouts and anyone in power armour. I undercoated the Deathwing Terminators in Skull White spray with a Seraphim Sepia wash then I left the bikers in black.


Vallejo Model Air Russian Green is great for Cadians.

Sunnys and faces all done and wash applied.

I then moved onto building 6 Imperial Guard Cadian Autocannon bases, I used Vallejo Model Air Russian Green as a basecoat which is an exact match for the new Castellan Green which was wicked I got these guys done in next to no time.  I then added the base colours to the Aquillia, faces and blacked out the boots and gloves and then applied a liberal coat of Athonian Camochade to the green areas and Agrax Eathshade to the Gold Aquillia and the faces.


I still need to add the Leadbelcher battle damage to the armour on the Autocannon, helmets and shoulder pads and some clumps of grass to the bases and they are done.

I am going to try and get an army picture of the Cadians before the game tonight as that should look very cool.

It’s been a mad 10 days and I have been getting a lot of small pop up projects done and working like a machine, next week should see me getting back to the Space Wolves and posting regularly with hobby progress and with Apocalypse 2 coming out soon expect some news.

Check back tomorrow for a battle report and a mashup but for now so long and thanks for reading.

1 comment: