Thursday, 9 May 2013

The Eldar Cometh

Hey everyone, fist of all thanks to you the readers I hit 6000 page views today so thats great news :)

Still no sign of Faeit 212 returning any time soon though I did see this interview the other day that does give a glimmer of hope that it will one day return in some form or another.


I hope Fait does return as it was a great source for new 40K blogs and the Monday blog roundup sent many new readers my way so I can't thank Natfka enough for that.

So on with the hobby progress, I have not been super busy on the blog front in the last few weeks this has mainly been due to life stuff getting in the way but just so you don't think I've been sitting round doing nothing here are a few early WIP pictures of my new battle wagon and some Space Wolves bits that I am currently working on.


This thing needs finishing before 18th of this month for a local tournament and things have moved on a little since I airbrushed it red using Vallejo Model Air paint.

I have mostly finished the damage on the metal work now and plan to spend most of this coming Sunday getting this Wagon finished or at least close to finished.

My Space Wolves project kicks off on July 1st so I have been airbrushing things in preparation when I get time so this lot were given a base colour of Fenrisian Grey and then I used a Vallejo Model Air yellow on the shoulders, the next stage will be cleaning up the armour before I really get stuck in.

I have also taken on my 1st official commission project, it's a squad of ten Tactical Marines from Black Reach which belong to a friend so there is no killer deadline hanging over me but not being one to beat about the bush I have nearly completed them already.

I was given ten marines who were already built and had some paint on them, I airbrushed them in Vallejo Model Air yellow then using only Citadel base colours I added the detail and then used Agrax Eathshade and Nuln Oil to add some depth before cleaning up the yellow using Averland Sunset, quick and easy and they will look great on the table top.

So on to the Eldar rumours, I'm sure if Faeit was still among us we would already be drooling over leaked White Dwarf images but for now we must settle for this little lot.

To coin a phrase pinch of salt everyone........

  • Universal Fleet including the Avatar. The Wraith stuff though won't have fleet.
  • Old independent character special rules moved to Warlord Traits
  • Jet Bikes moved back to Fast Attack (IC to unlock to troops)
  • Eldar psychic powers nerfed: some powers disappearing, random table, focus on witchfire
  • Warlocks can only use Eldar specific psychic powers
  • Runes of Warding Nerfed: No longer board wide
  • Farseer 2 wounds
  • Eldrad Mastery Level 4, Staff of Ulthamar similar to Ahirman staff
  • Almost all Phoenix Lords lose Eternal Warrior have cost reductions
  • Exarch's must be included in all Aspects units. (Sergeant Character)
  • Don't expect many changes with the Aspect warriors just cleaning up old rules and such
  • Dark Reapers, Swooping Hawks, and Banshees see the biggest cost drops and anti-flyer additions
  • Guardians 7 points a piece
  • Vehicles will have either no cost reduction of very minor reduction (5pts) with Vypers benefiting the most
  • Vehicles come stock with shuriken cannons vehicle savings come with cheaper weapon upgrades and wargear
  • Eldar Flyers first to get Vector Dancer (minus Forge World of course)
  • Don't be surprised to see Giant Wraithlord with T8 and Will not Die
The Eldar codex in essences won't reinvent the wheel this is update to bring them in line with 6th edition units costs and such and with Phil Kelly supposedly once again at the helm expect the changes to be more like Chaos Space Marine codex and less like the Chaos Daemons codex.

Well that's all I have for you right now, 16 days until the new White Dwarf so lets hope GW drop a nice little teaser trailer on their site in the next week or so.

I am trying to get my hands on a copy of the 4th Edition Eldar codex so I can do a walk through comparing Eldar through 4th edition into 5th and then 6th but thats going to take me a while so for now I will bid you all adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment