Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Workbench Progress - Crimson Fist Tournament Build

Hey everyone hope you all had a good weekend,

I received a box of forgeworld models last Friday, just a few bits to help me with a codex Space Marines tournament force I am working on.

 

10 MKV Heresy Space Marines (Umbra Ferrox Boltguns)
1 Ironclad Dreadnought
1 Lusius Pattern Drop Pod

Now I am on a bit of a deadline for these models to be finished I think the count stands at 26 days until the tournament so I figured I would get everything cleaned up ASAP.  I started by washing everything in warm soapy water to get rid of any residual release agent and then got started building the Ironclad Dreadnought over breakfast on Saturday.


I have always been a big fan of the Forgeworld Dreadnoughts and I have the Space Wolves themed one already, I don't have anything against the GW version of the Ironclad but I do think this version looks much more menacing.


I made sure that the arms were able to be removed but I glued the Meltagun and the Heavy Flamer in place, the other weapons like the Assault Launchers and Hunterkiller missiles will be magnetised at a later date.  The Seismic Hammer needed a small amount of green stuff just to flatten out the top of the hammer head and the side armour and I used a little  more to clean up the claws on the right hand side other than that the model was a very clean cast.


I will get some texture on the base and get it undercoated ASAP, I plan to do all the machinery within and behind the armour in Leadbelcher with a coat of Nuln Oil then I will get the Armour blue and add some shades and weathering, give him a big red fist and a gold hammer head and that should do it :)


Here are my first five MKV Marines who will be acting as my Sternguard, I have another five still to build.  These guys have all got magnetised Boltguns using 1x2mm magnets which were bloody tiny so I had to make sure I was extra careful not to misplace any as magnets are very dangerous if swallowed by pets or children.  These Marines needed vertually no cleaning up and the mold lines were nowhere to be seen, all I really needed to do was tidy up where they were joined to the sprue if you can call it that, way faster to build compared to the standard GW Tactical Marines box.

I have already finished the Sternguard Drop Pod and I am currently working on the Lucius so that along with the Space Wolves Lucius will be up on here tomorrow.  I have a test game on Wednesday evening so I will also post my updated list and some pictures before the end of the week.

In other news Eldar are coming very soon, so far the only picture of the models is the following image of a plastic Farseer, now all we need is a Seer Council on Jetbikes or Chariots.



No comments:

Post a Comment