Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Dreadfleet - Grimnirs Thunder

Hey everyone, it’s been longer than I would have liked since my last post but I started a new job last week and it has left me a bit preoccupied,  now don't take my preoccupation as meaning that I got no hobby progress done, my production line may slow from time to time but it never stops.

I have been having some issue getting any good photos of my Codex Space Marine tournament army so the army on parade pictures are still not done, the sun just never comes out in this cursed country.

I have managed to get another two Dreadfleet ships finished and today we will take a look at Grimnirs Thunder, only four ships now remain before I can get back to painting my Space Wolves army full time.

This model is like the Space Marine of Dreadfleet with its 3+ armour and impressive weapons, its got  reasonable speed and handling characteristics and if I am honest it's one of my favourite of all the ships both in looks and rules.

The colour palette I used was quite small as most of the model was painted using Leadbelcher and Balthasar Gold.  I used Waaagh! Flesh for the green details on the Main ship and again on the hull of the Airships and I think it was Pallid Wych Flesh that I used for the gas bladders on both Airships.

I mixed up a shade that consisted of half Agrax Earthshade and Nuln Oil which I then applied to the whole of both the main ship and the airship and once that was dry I added a small about of additional highlighting to the gold on the main ship using Gehenna's Gold.

The seascape base was first painted in Macragge Blue, then I dry brushed in Altdorf Guard Blue followed by Calgar Blue and finally a very light drybrushing of White Scar.  The whole base was then washed in a shade mix of equal parts Nuln Oil, Drakenhof Nightshade and Biel-Tan Green and then given a coat of gloss varnish once that lot was all dry.

Why not take a look at the other ships I have painted

I will post again very soon showing the Black Kraken and if I come across any Eldar or Space Marines news in the meantime I will post it up straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment