Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Dreadfleet - Black Kraken


Hey peeps as promised I am back with another Dreadfleet post, not much of a 40k blog right now but the break from painting Space Marines was much needed in order to recharge my batteries before returning to my Space Wolves. 

Anywho on to the Black Kraken which took almost no time to complete due to it not really having many colours and mostly being black with Balthasar Gold and Leadbelcher details washed using a shade mix of Agrax Eathshade and Nuln Oil, I added some green to the eye like portholes at the front to jazz things up a bit and then gave them a coat of gloss varnish.

The base was first painted in Macragge Blue, then I dry brushed in Altdorf Guard Blue followed by Calgar Blue and finally a very light drybrushing of White Scar.  The whole base was now washed in a shade mix of equal parts Nuln Oil, Drakenhof Nightshade and Biel-Tan Green and then given a coat of gloss varnish once it was all dry.

The Kraken is the only submersible in the game and is first seen in the 3rd mission in the main rules which is the next mission me and the wife are going to play, mission three also requires the Flaming Scimitar and Grimnir's Thunder so as they are already done we are good to go.

Its a great looking ship which will look amazing on the seascape  and I'm sure it will bring the pain in our next game.

Why not take a look at the other ships I have painted

So what's up next? I have almost finished the Curse of Zandri and I see the whether might be set to improve next week so with more natural light around I should be able to get my Space Marine army on parade pictures done and posted.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment