Monday, 18 February 2013

Painting Guide - Zone Mortalis Theta Complex

Monday again how does it come round so fast? 

It's been a very busy hobby weekend for me, I have been working to finish a few projects that will give me some good content for the rest of this week so watch this spot.  I also bought a copy of Death From the Sky's at about 3:00AM on Saturday morning, I did mean to say up until just after mid-night and buy a copy but I must have fallen asleep Doh!  Anyway it's on order and should arrive on Wednesday so I will be doing a full unit review by race starting next Monday which should be fun.

Among other things I did finish my new Zone Mortalis Thete Complex tile, I figured it was the easiest of my three new tiles to finish in time for next weekends narrative event.  I plan to incorporate it as part of a hanger bay area for my Crimson Fist boarding party to deploy into.

I followed the same method as I described in my earlier Zone Mortalis painting guide but obviously this time I had no walls sections to paint.

First I washed the tile and then gave it an undercoat in Chaos Black spray, followed by a base coat of Humbrol Silver 11. 

I then blocked out the floor sections with the Citadels base paint Steel Legion Drab.

Then I dropped on my three part shade mix that is made up of Agrax Earthshade, Nuln Oil and Druchii Violet which I applied liberally over the entire tile.

Finally when everything was dry I added a layer of PVA glue to protect it from damage and when that was dry I could not resist taking a few pictures of my proposed hanger bay.



These three Tactical Squads are embarked on the Thunderhawk and they will be joined by a five man Terminator Assault Squad with a Librarian in Terminator Armour attached and a Dreadnought who will be on board my newly acquired and almost painted Stormraven Gunship.

I will add an article detailing the painting and construction of my Stormraven later this week as I have painted it entirely on the frames which has been a lot of fun so be sure to check back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment